Sign in to follow this  
Guest lesley

cryoablastion

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on this forum and i guess thats because i have reached a point where i am fed up with having Afib. I turn 65 next year and as as we all know that increases my points on the CHAD score. It is increasingly on my mind and when I travel it is a worry, i am constantly aware of all that I eat and drink and my stress and sleep levels. At my last annual check up my cardiologist changed my meds to Cordarone X 200 which I am to trail for 12 months, (it is a amiodarone hydrocloride), his aim is for me to have no Afib at all through medication due to the fact that I had a 6 day event last November which has attributed to him changing my meds I expect. I have to say that i DO NOT like the sounds of all the side effects of this drug so I am going to schedule another appointments to discuss them further now that I have done my research. Has anyone had experience with this drug? I am fairly active having 3-4 exercise session every week, I still work at a very active job and my weight is in normal range.

My cardiologist went on to say if the new medication doses not work there is a new ablation method that we could try which is Cryo ablastion. Apparently this a a relatively new procedure , at least here in Australia. This is the important question. Has anyone heard of this procedure and anything about its success rate? I feel that I need to make a decision one way or another while I am still in the Paroxysmal stage.

So in summary has anyone had experience with Corarone X200 and/or Cryo ablastion. 

Thank you in advance for any information that you may be able to share.

regards Lesley

I 

Hi Lesley,

You’ll need to join as a member to see and participate in the discussion. To do so, go to forum.stopafib.org, and click on the big red button that says, “Sign Up”. Once you sign up by registering your email address, your preferred username, and a password, you’ll receive an email to confirm your interest in joining the forum. Click on the confirmation link in that email, and you are ready to go. You’ll be able to log into the forum, read the discussions, and participate. I hope that you are able to find others to connect with there that can give you advice, suggestions, and hope.

You can find additional instructions here: StopAfib Discussion Forum: Step-by-Step Registration Directions

We wish you sinus rhythm! And hope that you can find help and suggestions from others.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this