Welcome to the Discussion Forum for the 2023 Atrial Fibrillation Patient Conference

We are excited to offer this new channel for connecting and communicating with attendees of our 2023 Get in Rhythm. Stay in Rhythm.® Atrial Fibrillation Patient Conference.  

We will post important updates here from time to time leading up to the conference. This is also intended as a space for attendees to connect before, during, and after the conference as you'd like.

Melissa

• 3 months later...
10 hours ago, LakeCountry said:

Hello.  i will be attending the conference virtually.  Is there a way for virtual attendees to submit questions?

Thank you

Yes, LakeCountry! There are chat boxes in the Livestream portal (getinrhythmlive.com) and you'll be able to ask questions there. Eliz, our livestream host, will aggregate questions and submit them to Mellanie and the Faculty on your behalf. We will also keep an eye on things here, but submitting your questions in the chat there may be best.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/5/2023 at 2:00 PM, MichieG said:

Will presenter slide decks be posted somewhere for us to download?

Slides are only available in the recordings once those become available. Mellanie covers this question and the answer in detail in her opening talk on Day 1.

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome Melinda. I am 77 also and had AFIB come back this year 12 years after my ablation. I don't like the idea of taking an anticoagulant either, but I had to bite the bullet. Once you have had AFIB you are 5 times more likely to have a stroke. Whatever problems you are having with your blood thinner, it is not worth having a stroke in my opinion.  If you are worried about bleeding more, carry around one of the wound seal products that stop bleeding quickly.  I am going for another ablation soon, but even if it is successful, I will stay on the anticoagulant in case AFIB comes back.

Jim

• 3 months later...